Click any link highlighted in BLUE to access files (right column on a large device, below on a mobile device). Thanks and GO WILDCATS!
The mission of G-PISD is to educate, inspire, and empower our students to succeed in life and become the next generation of leaders.
In G-PISD, we believe our ...
STUDENTS are leaders and critical thinkers who embrace diversity and pursue excellence in all endeavors.
PARENTS / FAMILIES are true partners, have a voice, and have high expectations.
FACULTY AND STAFF build inclusive relationships and maximize student success with integrity, compassion, and talent.
PRINCIPALS AND CAMPUS LEADERSHIP are courageous leaders who show grace, empower others, embrace diversity, and cultivate G-P pride.
SUPERINTENDENT AND CENTRAL OFFICE advance our vision with intention, collaboration, and purpose-driven leadership.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES are strategic, collaborative leaders who model good governance and empower and inspire others to serve the G-P community.
The following four priorities, and subsequent goals, were adopted by the G-PISD Board of Trustees in 2021.
PRIORITY 1 - EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT PERFORMANCE
- 1.1 - Annually increase performance in READING for all students and all student groups.
- 1.2 - Annually increase performance in MATH for all students and all student groups.
- 1.3 - Annually increase performance in COLLEGE, CAREER, and MILITARY READINESS (CCMR) for all students and all student groups.
- 1.4 - Annually increase student engagement for all students and all student groups.
- 1.5 - Annually increase the percentage of students who feel safe at school.
PRIORITY 2 - HIGH PERFORMING AND ENGAGED WORKFORCE
- 2.1 - Annually increase the percentage of staff satisfaction.
- 2.2 - Annually increase the retention rate of highly effective faculty and staff
PRIORITY 3 - QUALITY SERVICE AND IMPACTFUL COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- 3.1 - Annually increase the percentage of student satisfaction.
- 3.2 - Annually increase the percentage of parent/family satisfaction and engagement.
- 3.3 - Annually increase the percentage of community satisfaction and engagement.
PRIORITY 4 - EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE DISTRICT AND CAMPUS OPERATIONS
- 4.1 - Annually improve operational processes.
- 4.2 - Maintain fiscal viability, stewardship, and improve staff knowledge of sustainable budgeting processes.
- 4.3 - Ensure strategic alignment of resources.
- 4.4 - Annually improve safety and security.
The G-PISD Board of Trustees has several Board Goals for the school district, and each year specific plans are outlined for every campus and district office to support those goals as well as improve additional focus areas identified by Administration and/or community (via surveys, district and campus committees, individual suggestions/comments, etc.). The most recent versions of these annual Improvement Plans are listed below for public view.
Campus Improvement Plans (CIPs):
The communities of Gregory and Portland are located in the Southeastern portion of San Patricio County, just eight miles north of Corpus Christi on Highway 181. Gregory was designated as a station on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad in 1866. Portland was settled in 1890-1991 and was once a vegetable growing and shipping center.
Today, Gregory and Portland have a combined population of 18,300. The school district covers a 101 square mile area and maintains an enrollment in excess of 4,000 students.