G-PISD students, staff, and community members are encouraged to (1) ensure you are registered to vote, and (2) participate in this election (as well as all other elections).
- Monday, Feb. 5: Last Day to Register to Vote
- Tuesday, Feb. 20 - March 1: Early Voting Window
- Friday, Feb. 23: Last Day for Ballot by Mail
- Tuesday, March 5: Election Day
San Patricio County Voting Schedule & Locations - UPDATED: 1.24.2024
Sample Ballots: Democratic Party | Republican Party | Note: Voters must choose ONE party primary to case their ballot in a primary election. Please see the FAQs below - "What is a Primary & How does it work?" for more information.
Resident of a different city/county? Please view the San Patricio County Elections Office website, or the Nueces County Elections Office website to view your sample ballot and/or voting schedule/locations.
- What is a Primary Election & How does it work?
- Does a voter have to register or affiliate with a party before voting in the Primary Election?
- If a voter has voted in one party's primary in a prior calendar year, do they have to vote in the same party's primary this year?
- If a voter is not going to be 18 years old in time for the primary or primary runoff, but will be 18 by the time of the general election, can they vote in the primary?
- Why are voters asked during a primary election if they want a Republican or Democratic ballot? Isn’t this private information?
- Can a voter vote in one party’s primary election and a different party’s primary runoff election?
- If a voter voted in a party’s primary election, is the voter required to vote for that party’s candidates in the subsequent November general election?
- What if the voter considers themselves an independent, but wishes to vote in a primary election?
- MORE RESOURCES for Texas Primary Election - March 5, 2024
Your Gregory-Portland ISD School Board is committed to helping inform our G-P community of voting opportunities, and encouraging the practice of voting in every election as a public right and act of citizenship. This initiative is directly tied to the Board Scorecard, which includes the specific priorities and goals of the board for themselves as the governing body of G-PISD.