Free & Reduced Meal Information
Aug 1, 2019
Dear parent or guardian:
We are pleased to inform you that Gregory-Portland ISD will be implementing the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs for School Year 2019-2020. In CEP schools, applications are no longer required.
Schools that participate in CEP provide one healthy breakfast and lunch each day at no charge for ALL students enrolled in that CEP school during the 2019-2020 School Year. A-La-Carte items as well as second servings will be available for purchase at all grade levels.
If you need more information, please contact us at:
Food & Nutrition Services Department | 2250 Memorial Parkway, Portland, Texas 78374 | 361.777.1098
Jeff Atkinson, Director of Food Services
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Who may qualify for free meals?
- Can homeless, runaway, or migrant children receive free meals?
- Who may qualify for reduced-price meals?
- Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free/reduced price meals?
- I get WIC. Do my child(ren) qualify to receive free meals?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- If I don't qualify now, can I apply later?
- What if I disagree with the school's decision regarding my applicaton?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income?
If you have further questions or need assistance, please call 361-777-1098, option 2. Thank you!