SFA Student Council
Become an SFA Student Council Member!
SFA is starting a Student Council! If you are interested in making our school and community a better place the Student Council is for you! The Student Council will be made up of 2 representatives from each 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classroom. They will meet once or twice a month to coordinate school and community projects. If you're interested and you meet the qualifications you must submit and application no later than January 6th. Once the Student Council has been chosen Official Elections for President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary will be held. President position is only open to 5th grade student council members. The other Official Positions can be filled by a 4th or 5th grade student council member. You must prepare and give a speech to the student body to be placed on the ballot. Candidates will be required to create campaign posters to hang throughout the school. Get creative, have fun and join Student Council!
CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Student Council application form.
Student Council Mission Statement
The mission of the Stephen F. Austin Student Council is to build responsible leaders within our school community and promote the values that represent good character in all students.
We will accomplish our mission through:
- Leading by example in our classrooms and community by being respectful, responsible, and safe.
- Helping others in our community by raising money and supplies for the less fortunate.
- Engaging our friends and classmates in their education by helping fund exciting classroom lessons.
- Serving as a source of communication between the students and faculty of the school.
Criteria to Become a Student Council Member:
- Be a good role model
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Maintain good citizenship grades (S in citizenship, no office referrals)
- Maintain grades of A’s and B’s
- Maintain good attendance (few absences and tardies)
- Be available after school once or twice a month to attend meetings