As a result of regional impacts to school districts following Hurricane Harvey, Gregory-Portland ISD has been notified that every student attending a G-PISD school is being provided one (1) breakfast and one (1) lunch during regular school hours at no charge for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year.
Please be advised that this is a limited opportunity granted under the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). G-PISD is one of a few school districts in Texas who were impacted by Hurricane Harvey, and thus eligible, in the current year. Student meal charges will resume at all campuses when this provision expires.
Please read the following, important information:
- Where available, G-PISD will continue to provide cash-only snack bars and á‑la‑carte items for sale in the current school year.
- The school district will not be required to collect applications for free, reduced‑price, and paid student meals due to this provision. (When the provision expires, the district will once again collect and process these standard applications.)
- Currently, all G-PISD students are guaranteed to receive benefits for the remainder of the 2017‑18 school year. However, this provision will expire when the school district no longer meets its requirements.
- Districts must re-apply each year to determine whether requirements have been met. When the provision is no longer available and student meal charges resume across the district, G‑PISD Food & Nutrition Services will notify parent/guardians.
- Student meal charges will resume at all campuses when this provision expires.
For additional information please contact Jeff Atkinson, G-PISD Director of Food & Nutrition Services, at (361) 777‑1098. Thank you.
G-PISD schools include: Gregory-Portland High School, Gregory-Portland Junior High School, Gregory-Portland Intermediate School, East Cliff Elementary School, Stephen F. Austin Elementary School, T.M. Clark Elementary School, and W.C. Andrews Elementary School.