Free Meals for a Limited Time | 2019-20
G-PISD Students to Receive Meals Free of Charge for 2019-20 School Year under Limited-Time Federal CEP Provision
As a result of regional impacts to school districts following Hurricane Harvey, Gregory-Portland ISD has been notified that every student attending a G-PISD school is being provided one (1) breakfast and one (1) lunch during regular school hours at no charge to students for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
Please be advised that this is a limited opportunity granted under the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) to assist low income families. Student meal charges will resume at all campuses when this provision expires.
Please read the following, important information:
- G-PISD will continue to provide cash-only snack bars and a la carté items for sale. Student accounts will be utilized for cash-only lines. Lunch Money Now will continue to be utilized to add money to student accounts.
- The school district will not be required to collect applications for free, reduced‑price, and paid student meals due to this provision. (When the provision expires, the district will once again collect and process these standard applications.)
- Currently, all G-PISD students are guaranteed to receive benefits for the 2019-20 school year. However, this provision will expire when the school district no longer meets its low income requirements.
- Districts must re-apply each year to determine whether requirements have been met. When the provision is no longer available and student meal charges resume across the district, G‑PISD Food & Nutrition Services will notify parent/guardians.
- No charge meals are for students only. Staff and Visitors will continue to pay the designated price.
- Student meal charges will resume at all campuses when this provision expires.
For additional information please contact your campus manager or Food & Nutrition Services administration at (361) 777‑1098. Thank you.
G-PISD schools include: Gregory-Portland High School, Gregory-Portland Middle School, East Cliff Elementary School, Stephen F. Austin Elementary School, T.M. Clark Elementary School, and W.C. Andrews Elementary School.