- Safety and Security & Deferred Maintenance Projects | PROPOSITION A
- Family Resource Center & Maintenance / Transportation Facility | PROPOSITION A
- Experiential Learning Additions & Renovations @ G-PHS & SFA Cafeterias | PROPOSITION A
- TM Clark Elementary & New Baseball, Softball Fields | PROPOSITION A
- FINANCE FACTS Video Overview
- SCHOOL BOARD CALLS FOR BOND
Join our Superintendent, Dr. Michelle Cavazos, and her leadership team as they share information and answer your questions about Bond 2022. Meeting dates and times are listed below, and locations/formats for the last three meetings will be added once determined (on or before October 5, 2022). In addition to these 'open forum' meetings for the public, G-PISD leaders are presenting bond information to various community groups and organizations. Thank you!
- Friday, September 30, 2022 - Noon to 1 p.m. @ G-PISD Administration Building*
- Friday, October 7, 2022 - 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. | Location/Format TBD
- Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. | Location/Format TBD
- Friday, October 21, 2022 - 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. | Location/Format TBD
*The G-PISD Administration Building is located at 1200 Broadway Blvd. in Portland, Texas, next to East Cliff Elementary School.
- Business & Industry funds 89 percent of the tax base, or 89 cents per each tax dollar, for Gregory-Portland ISD schools.
- The district's total tax rate has declined in the last four years ($1.35 - 2018; $1.26 - 2019; $1.21 - 2020 to current day).
- There has been no increase to the total tax rate following voter approval of school bonds 2020, 2015, and 2012.
- G-PISD maintains a Superior FIRST Financial Rating, and A / AA credit ratings for prior bonds managed as a public school district.
- All construction projects for bonds 2015 and 2012 have been completed.
- Bond 2020 construction has begun for the Early Childhood Center and AgriScience Facility.
- Groundbreaking ceremonies will be held in the coming school year for new playgrounds at S.F. Austin and T.M. Clark Elementary Schools, and the All-Purpose Indoor Practice Facility.
The following list of Bond 2022 propositions was approved by unanimous vote (7-0) of the G-PISD School Board on July 18, 2022. More information about each project listed will be communicated to our community via informational meetings beginning in August 2022.
Meeting opportunities will be communicated via District Updates to all G-PISD families and staff, G-P News e-newsletters for our community subscribers (click here to subscribe), via social media, this website, and more. Please stay tuned, and join us to learn more about Bond 2022.
- Rebuild T.M. Clark Elementary School - $45,492,007
- G-P High School Cafeteria Additions & Renovations - $10,227,858
- Stephen F. Austin Elementary Cafeteria Renovations - $2,043,905
- Experiential Learning Additions at Elementary Campuses - $6,976,388
- Family Resource Center, Maintenance and Transportation Facility - $24,936,331
- New Baseball and Softball Turf Fields - $20,392,969
- Deferred Maintenance - $2,000,000
- Safety & Security - $2,000,000
- All-Purpose Practice Facility - Reimbursement Resolution - $12,469,638 *
- Early Childhood Center - Reimbursement Resolution - $16,442,649 *
- Agricultural Science Facility - Reimbursement Resolution - $2,627,275 *
- Multi-Purpose Center & Fieldhouse - $43,391,906
- New Visual and Performing Arts Center, including Band Hall - $53,590,000
TOTAL for BOND 2022 (ALL PROPOSITIONS): $242,590,926
*Reimbursement Resolutions (projects that were, are, or will be completed with District M&O dollars but can be reimbursed with I&S (bond) funds if approved by voters). The three reimbursement resolutions listed under Proposition A are included for the reimbursement of additional costs as a result of significant inflation in the construction industry since the original budgets were established to build those facilities (during the 2019-20 school year).
- LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE: October 11, 2022
- LAST DAY FOR BALLOT BY MAIL: October 28, 2022*
- EARLY VOTING: October 24 - November 4, 2022
- ELECTION DAY: November 8, 2022
*RECEIVED, not postmarked, deadline for ballot by mail.