I am so excited that our District has announced that GP is providing FREE digital library books and materials for ALL currently enrolled students via "Sora" Online Library. This is what we have been waiting for! I am so pleased that our district has joined Overdrive's Region 2 Consortium! Overdrive is a company that provides digital library services (i.e., eBooks and digital audiobooks for patrons to check out). Sora is their app for school libraries. There is a link to Sora on Clever.
There are many benefits to using Sora Digital Library. Students have 24/7 access to digital content all year long, including summers. There are no overdue books. Book are returned automatically after 2 weeks. Sora is easy to use on a variety of platforms: app, Kindle, online..
Read below to get started with Sora!
With Sora, you can borrow free ebooks and audiobooks from your school.
1. Install the Sora (by Overdrive) app on your personal device or go to https://soraapp.com/library/texasr2tx
2. In Sora, find Gregory-Portland ISD. Our district is part of the Texas Region 2 Area Schools group. Then sign in with you school username/email address and password/ID#. Under the menu options, you can also link to the public library with your public library card and PIN number.
3. Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book or audio. Your book will open so you can start reading or listening right away.
4. Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books (including books assigned by teachers). From there you can:
* Tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
* Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.