Fourth graders began recorder study in September. The goals of Recorder Karate are to be able to read music and correctly play a recorder. The levels of belts are based on the colors of Karate belts. Students' grades will be primarily based on their recorder achievement.
CHECK OFF RULES
Check off songs without the use of written note names.
Check off in belt sequence order. No songs may be skipped.
Only 2-3 mistakes are allowed in order to check off a song.
You may only have ONE time to check off a song during class.
Check off may require playing the entire song or a portion selected by Mrs. Vacek.
Only one song at a time may be checked off.
Check-off days-Barnes/Saathoff check off on Thursdays.Zipprian and Ramirez check off on Fridays; Students who follow the rules will get to check-off.
TUTORING: Monday mornings before school: 7:20-7:45 a.m.
Morning Check-off: Thursday and Friday mornings before school:
Secret to getting a black belt - PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
I will do a fast order for those students who need a recorder and / or book. Recorders may also be purchased at music stores in Corpus Christi. RESPONSIBILITY=SUCCESS
Students who devote at least 5 minutes to practice each night will be successful recorder players. Responsible players bring their recorder to school EVERY DAY!
All songs are taken from Recorder Express by Artie Almeida that students purchased in 3rd grade.
The levels are:
BEAD SONGS can only be earned after Black Belt is achieved. These are learned independently and checked off in order,
- White - Hot Cross Buns p. 5
- Yellow - Merrily We Row Along p. 6
- Orange - Down at the Station p. 9
- Green- Grand Old Duke of York p. 12
- Purple - When the Saints Go Marching In p. 16
- Blue - Wayfaring Stranger p. 24
- Red - William Tell Overture p. 28
- Brown- Amazing Grace p. 28
- Black - Home on the Range p. 32
- Pink Bead- Happy Birthday to You p. 41
- Orchid Bead- Skip to My Lou p. 31
- Olive Bead - Polly Wolly Doodle p. 32
- Turquoise Bead- Take Me Out to the Ball Game p. 36
- Gold Bead- Kum Ba Yah p. 44
- Rainbow- Ronde p. 46