Welcome to a new school year at East Cliff Elementary! This year brings some new and exciting changes to the P.E. department! I am excited to introduce our new paraprofessional, Mrs. Keri Summers. We were fortunate to get Mrs. Summers because of the addition of 5th grade. Students will have P.E. 3 times weekly with classes being 45 minutes. Below are some guidelines and expectations for your child.
- Students are required to attend P.E. class .A note is needed from a parent explaining the reason for non-participation (valid for up to 3 days).A note from a physician will be needed thereafter.A doctor’s release is needed before the student can participate in P.E. again and for any other outside physical activities (i.e. recess, field day).
- Any student with stitches or casts will be required to sit out.
- Any student, who does not participate during P.E., due to a note from a parent/guardian or physician, will not be able to participate during recess.
- Students should wear appropriate clothing for P.E.
- Athletic shoes are required (closed toed and closed heeled).
- Girls are required to wear shorts under dresses.
Physical Education grades will be based on participation and skills testing. A grade book mark will be given for non-participation unless appropriate documentation is presented before class begins. Conferences are available upon request. My conference time is between 7:55-8:40 a.m. or you can reach me at email@example.com and (361)777-4255 ext. 2231.